Tuesday, March 6, 2012

To Know Him Is to Love Him

Oh, Lord, please show me where I am in captivity. I want to know You. I want to believe You. I want to understand that You are God alone.


My description of Jesus:

  • No god was formed before Him.
  • No god will come after Him.
  • He is the only savior.
  • He has revealed/saved/proclaimed--He alone, not any other (foreign) god among us.
  • He has been and will be forever.
  • No one can deliver anything or anyone out of His hand.
  • No one can reverse His acts.
I can tell Him anything. What He thinks matters to me. I talk to Him all the time. When I avoid Him, there's a huge gap in my day.

Lord...if there's any part of my heart that I'm keeping from You, any part that's still broken because I haven't let You heal it--please show me so I can give it to You. I want to be healed...

Lord, I surrender to You. Please change my heart to what You want, to believe what You say, and to trust You to do it.

"Now this is eternal life: that they know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent." --Jesus, in John 17:3

No comments: