Saturday, March 3, 2012

My Hezekiah Prayer

In 2 Chronicles chapters 29 through 31, King Hezekiah fights the generational pattern of idolatry and wins.

I read this passage last year as part of my third attempt to complete the Breaking Free Bible study. Beth Moore says about Hezekiah,
Hezekiah was a godly king who wholeheartedly sought both reformation and restoration. He sought to restore Israel to he godly identity. She had a divided heart and had ceased fulfilling her God-given purpose.
(Beth Moore, Breaking Free: The Journey, The Stories (Updated Edition). Lifeway Press, 1999/2009, p.20, emphasis added.)
One year ago today, I prayed this prayer:
Lord, please show me where I have a divided heart, where I have ceased to fulfill my God-given purpose...
Yes, Lord. Yes, Lord. Yes...yes, Lord.

No comments: