Thursday, March 1, 2012

How To Avoid Pride



Jeremiah 13:

15 Hear and pay attention, 
do not be arrogant, 
for the LORD has spoken. 
16 Give glory to the LORD your God 
before he brings the darkness, 
before your feet stumble 
on the darkening hills. 
You hope for light, 
but he will turn it to thick darkness 
and change it to deep gloom. 
17 But if you do not listen, 
I will weep in secret 
because of your pride; 
my eyes will weep bitterly, 
overflowing with tears, 
because the LORD's flock will be taken captive. 


How can a person avoid falling to the temptation of pride when he or she meets with success?

In order to avoid pride:

  • Keep Jesus central to everything.
  • Ask the Holy Spirit to keep my heart focused on Jesus and pliable to God.
  • Pray. Pray. Pray.

1 comment:

Jay Campbell said...

Without Him, I can do nothing. Anything I do, without Him, is nothing.