Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Songs for Surgery

Two songs God is giving me for this season (thank you, Darren):



I'm casting my cares aside. I'm leaving my past behind.
I'm setting my heart and mind on You, Jesus.
I'm reaching my hands to Yours, believing there's so much more,
Knowing that all You have in store for me is good.
Today is the day You have made! I will rejoice and be glad in it.
And I won't worry about tomorrow. I'm trusting in what You say:
Today is the day.

I'm putting my fears aside. I'm leaving my doubts behind.
I'm giving my hopes and dreams to You, Jesus.
I'm reaching my hands to Yours, believing there's so much more,
Knowing that all You have in store for me is good.
Today is the day You have made! I will rejoice and be glad in it.
And I won't worry about tomorrow. I'm trusting in what You say:
Today is the day.

I will stand upon Your truth, and all my days I'll live for You
(even days I have surgery and recovery and needs that I can't meet by myself. . .)

Today is the day You have made! I will rejoice and be glad in it.
And I won't worry about tomorrow. I'm giving You my fears and sorrows.
Where You lead me, I will follow. I'm trusting in what You say:
Today is the day.

Before you watch this next video, let me explain how this is a kiss from Jesus to me:

1. I head in for surgery again next Monday (Nov. 30th). My biggest anxiety-causer has been "Who's going to be there for Cami?" It's a Mommy thing, I think.

2. Dumbo is one of Cami's favorite movies of all time. We watched that movie every day for at least two of her nine-and-a-half years.

3. I'm struggling with God as my parent: my loving, supportive, calls-me-forth-to-do-and-be-things-that-seem-too-hard parent. I struggle with feeling abandoned by my mom and my sister, knowing all the while that they are unavailable to me because of wounds they walk in, wounds that have nothing to do with me.

I just heard this song for the first time last Sunday. My friend Melisa laid herself open before God and led us straight to the foot of His throne with this song. I wanted to post a video with the song instead of just a boring audio track. All the videos I found were cheesy.

Then I found this video, and while some may think it's cheesy, I know it's Jesus blowing me a big, fat, sloppy kiss.

Enjoy. (And remind me I said all this.)

No comments: