Thursday, September 24, 2009

It's All About Perspective

Recently, I came across this article. Reading it spurred me to Tweet several times about it, which clued me in to: I need to blog about this one. (My Tweets are in italics.)

Comments on the article are interesting. I was told I was 1 in a million. Article says 1 in 10,000. Still pretty rare, I guess.

Rare, backwards, heart in the wrong place. . .can make a girl feel odd, abnormal, weirdo. I choose: unique, special, out of the ordinary.

People see my Medic Alert bracelet, ask, "What's that for?" My opportunity to educate them, explain how I'm unlike anyone they've ever met!

Pop used to tease me: "When you're pregnant, will you stick out backwards?" And don't get hom ruminating about situs inversus and burps...

Situs Inversus Totalis.
(sites inverted totally)

1 in 1,000,000,000. That's me.

No comments: