Thursday, August 13, 2009

More Than Adequate for the Job at Hand

This is what the LORD says: "A cry of anguish is heard in Ramah--mourning and weeping unrestrained. Rachel weeps for her children, refusing to be comforted--for her children are dead."

But now the LORD says, "Do not weep any longer, for I will reward you. (I know this is a people-group specific prophecy. But the irony--the timeliness of this Word into my situation is uncanny.) Your children will come back to you from the distant land of the enemy. There is hope for your future," says the LORD. "Your children will come again to their own land." (Jeremiah 31:15-17)

". . . on that day," says the LORD, "I will put My laws in their minds, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be My people. And they will not need to teach their neighbors, nor will they need to teach their family, saying, 'You should know the LORD.' For everyone, from the least to the greatest, will already know Me," says the LORD. (Jeremiah 31:34) (Oh, LORD! What a glorious day that will be!)

"But the One Who redeems them is strong. His name is the LORD Almighty. He will defend them and give them rest again in Israel." (Jeremiah 50:34)

"He is still their God, even though their land was filled with sin against the Holy One of Israel." (Jeremiah 51:5) (FAITHFULNESS)

No comments: