Wednesday, August 5, 2009

How the Word Lives

Hi.

It's me.

My heart is calling me to run to You.

So here I am.

Be anxious for nothing. . .
*finances
*world affairs
*church things
*C's schedule (or lack thereof)
*C's schooling (or lack thereof)

. . .but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving. . .
Thank You for:
*a home
*paid bills
*food
*gasoline
*a country that is still free
*spiritual mentors
*heart friends
*my child
*my husband
*Jesus
*grace

. . .make your requests known to God.
Lord, every one's hearts seem to be unsettled--bothered--stirred up. I don't know how to pray. What's coming?

I confess my fear--that I'm not doing right by C's schooling. That I'm not a good mommy. Our schedule stinks, Lord. Please help me understand this pattern that's happening at bedtime. Please help me not ignore her heart, but not spoil her by providing her every comfort. We're not supposed to be comfortable, are we?

HOLY ≠ COMFORTABLE
Lord, I've been anxious about money. Well, not anxious, but ashamed when it doesn't go very far. Show me the fractal that's all around me--because it sure does look/feel/sound like chaos.
Lord, please help us establish a life-giving schedule for our days. Please help me get rid of the piles in the bedroom.
Please help me care. Is this grief? Depression? Oppression?
My passions are dormant until late at night, when it's really too late to do anything with them.
Awaken my heart with compassion for others--not just the people who love me back. (I think You're doing that now. . .)
. . .and the peace of God which passes all understanding will guard your hearts and mind through Christ Jesus.
Hear my heart this night. Lord, speak to me in Your word--in my dreams--in the night watches. . .

3 comments:

Denise said...

Such a great post, bless you.

Catherine said...

Thank you for sharing your heart...your honesty is refreshing!
Blessings,
Catherine :)

Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

And He hears us even before we even call...

I so appreciate your prayer, your honesty, your passion...

May I humbly thank you for sharing...

You minister to me...

All's grace,
Ann