Saturday, August 1, 2009

Daring God to Speak?

I feel compelled to take my daily Bible reading one step further this month. In an effort to be accountable to actually read God's Word every day, or maybe just a dare--daring God to actually speak to me, in my circumstances, in my narrow minuscule place in the cosmos--I'll record the scripture that jumps off the page at me.

No biblical context necessarily, but maybe sometimes.

Framed in my circumstances, maybe, but not always.

Today's reading was from 2 Kings 23:1-28 ; 2 Chronicles 34:29-35:19 ; and Nahum 1:1-3:19.

God's Word for me:
"The LORD is good. When trouble comes, He is a strong refuge. And He knows everyone who trusts in Him." Nahum 1:7 (NLT)

My Hebrew research led me to this rendering:

Jehovah is pleasant, delightful, and good to and for me. He is my harbor in the times of adversity, and He intimately understands me when I run to Him for protection. (Candi's translation)

I'm running, Jehovah, to You first.

No comments: