Thursday, June 11, 2009

Things That Make Me Say "Hmmmm...."

I'm starting a new post thread here at Excavations. I'm a writer, yes, but I'm a reader also, and sometimes when I read, something makes me say, "Hmmmm." Or "Huh." ("Hmmmm. . ." is more fun to type.)

I'd like to commit to posting once every week a list of the thought-provoking things I've read. But we both know schedules aren't my strong suit.

So for now, I'll post them as they come, in no particular order. Sometimes quotes from the news, sometimes quotes from fiction, sometimes scripture verses that jump off the page at me.

Always something I've read.

Here's today's:

From a Biblical commentary at studylight.org, referencing 1 Kings 19:19-21:

"Those that would be fit to teach must have time to learn; and those that hope hereafter to rise and rule must be willing at first to stoop and serve."
--Matthew Henry, in Matthew Henry Complete Commentary on the Whole Bible.

No comments: