Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Wealthy Me

Greg Sponberg put this quote on his blog a few days back:

From A.W. Tozer:
"When religion has said its last word, there is little that we need other than God Himself.

"When the Lord divided Canaan among the tribes of Israel, Levi received no share of the land. God said to him simply, `I am thy part and thine inheritance,' and by those words made him richer than all his brethren, richer than all the kings and rajas who have ever lived in the world. And there is a spiritual principle here, a principle still valid for every priest of the Most High God."

Greg's blog includes another quoted paragraph in which Tozer expands on this spiritual principle. For the purpose of my blog here, today, I just want to note one thing:

I don't think of myself as wealthy.

And I should. Jesus is mine.

Heavenly sunshine, heavenly sunshine, flooding my soul with glory divine!
Hallelujah! I am rejoicing, singing His praises. Jesus is mine!

1 comment:

Bill and Midge said...

This is exactly what I have been ruminating on all week. God has blessed me so abundantly - and yet, even if He had not choosen to bless me with good health, a wonderful family, the freedoms and wealth I enjoy as an American - if all He had ever done for me was give me Jesus - I would still have more than I could have ever hoped to have! How good is He! How great His love!