Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Cami's Profundity

I was working in the front garden on this day, filling in squirrel holes and looking for new growth.

I was placing two shepherd's hooks that will eventually hold wind chimes or garden baubles--something whimsical and fun.

Cami came scootering up the sidewalk, pink helmet and all.

Me: Cami, where should the wind chimes go: on each side of the steps, or should I put some in my garden?

Cami: Mom, you know, it isn't what's in the garden that's important, but the heart of the gardener.

Me: (speechless moment)

Me: Where did you hear that?

Cami: I just know it.

Me: Well, that's one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard. Thank you for saying it about me. That really touches my heart.

And she scootered away.

How blessed I am.

No comments: