Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It's 2009 Already?

I didn't make resolutions this year. I'm not big on resolutions. I'm already making some changes, though.

I'm deleting the "My Sunday Best" (or "True Worship") blog. I created it mainly for the ladies who attended that Bible study, which is now completed.

I'm changing the way I grocery shop: a menu for the week, a list of necessary ingredients, and thinking SIMPLE and QUICK. (I'm getting creative with mac & cheese.)

I'm using the World Wildlife Fund monthly calendar that came free in the mail last year. I'm hanging it in the kitchen and writing on it the stuff to remember.

We're attempting a daily and weekly "schedule." (I put that word in quote marks because schedules around here need to be extremely flexible.)

We're taking the next step in many areas: getting another dog, shampooing the carpets (not necessarily in that order), teaching a new Bible study, giving Cami piano lessons, finishing the first draft of the worship curriculum, continuing the research into the family tree, beginning to record the many family stories we've been told through these last holidays.

And I realize: this blog is a list within a list. That's new for me.

3 comments:

Hilarie said...

Your blog is so heart-warming. I was happy to see that we could help with the "get a dog" part of your non-resolution list. :o)
Happy New Year! Hilarie Jacobberger

Hilarie said...

Glad to see we could help with one of your non-resolutions! :o) Your blog is very heart-warming. Happy New Year! Hilarie

Anonymous said...

I started doing the calendar thing a couple of months ago and it's been a big help.

I also started working on a schedule though I haven't worked out a full week.

I've also gone back to writing in my journal and it's been a bigger help than I expected. It's helped me to "stop and think" and proactively approach life rather than react to things. :)
-Christine M