Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Day of Remembrance

For the past three hours, I've read over 650 stories of loss. And hope. On Angie Smith's blog Bring the Rain, she opened up the comments section for women to share the loss of their babies. When I stopped reading, there were 667 comments.

Someone called it a "sisterhood of sorrow." I'm part of that sisterhood, too. Today, I remember.

My name is Candi, and in June 2000, my beautiful daughter was born 7 weeks prematurely. I praise God for her health and well-being every day. Her five siblings all went to heaven before we could meet them. In the last three years, I've lost my uterus and ovaries to surgeries, so I won't get to use the other baby names I picked out. I know that when I get to Heaven, my five children will be there with Jesus waiting to meet me, and I'll find out what Jesus named them.


No comments: