Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Different Blog

My blogger friend Mandy has been challenging her readers to "DO" something to change their world. I wanted to participate in that rollcall of "DO-ers," but I felt like I didn't have anything to offer.

God lovingly reminded me that even though it FEELS like He's pulled me out of all the ministry I found so fruitful, He hasn't shut me down as much as He's redirected me.

Thank you, Mandy, for the challenge and the community (and for noticing I haven't posted a blog in awhile).

Here's what I've been "DO-ing":

True Worship = My "Sunday Best"?

I've made another blog site to coincide with the Bible study I'm leading at church. This subject has been bouncing around in my head for many years. Last summer, God said, "Let's get to that thing you need to write. You love to talk about it; it's the passion I've put inside of you. Now let's put it into words, and you teach others what you're learning."

Of course, this recent summer, the class didn't proceed quite as I had planned. Attendance wasn't that great, and then all those grief things happened. In our house, church attendance took a back seat to sorrow for awhile. The one time I did go to church, the sermon challenged me to get up and at 'em.

So here I am, DO-ing and being.

Check out the other blog. Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Lizzy Deaton said...

It is good to see another blog from you . . . looking forward to keeping up on both of them now :)
It was good to see you sunday. I wish it were more :(

mandy said...

:)
YAY for this!!!