Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Right Between My Eyes. . .

This word was for me, this week, for the horrible weekend that's behind me and the week that's getting better as I gain clarity and resolve.

I just wanted to share it with y'all. It's from one of the blogs I read:

Lean into it
Chances are there’s a relational confrontation that you’re attempting to avoid right now. Stop hiding from it. Instead, lean into it. You’ll come out on the other side with a stronger relationship (best case), or realizing that the relationship is no longer worth investing in (still a valuable outcome). Either way, relational progress is never achieved by bobbing and weaving.

I’ll also make a wild guess that God may be initiating a transition in an area of your life these days. (Because that’s what He does.) If God is urging you to leave behind a current way of doing things---and this could be something as major as your career path or as seemingly detailed as your daily schedule---don’t fight against Him. When you feel the internal pull to abandon a comfort zone for greener pastures, the worst thing you can do is put on the parking brake. Ask the children of Israel, who managed to turn a 3-day journey into a 40-year holding pattern.

Running away will keep you grounded.

Only when you lean into your change can God propel you to a higher place.

http://www.stevenfurtick.com/uncategorized/lean-into-it/

1 comment:

Brittany said...

thank you!!! I needed to hear this!!!