Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Jeff Corwin and Isaiah Add to the Exhortation

I've always had this thing about eagles. Of course, Isaiah 40:31 has a lot to do with it:

Yet those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles; They will run and not get tired; They will walk and not become weary.

A few months ago, I witnessed my first eagle in flight in the wild. (You can read about that experience here.)

I've been waiting and praying over a few things for a long time, it feels like. Precious things, things that matter in the eternal economy. Seems like God would answer and not make me wait and wait. Seems like.

And then Jeff Corwin makes this statement on the DVR episode I watched today:

"The golden eagle uses the elements around her to lift herself higher."

I guess God has answered. From multiple sources.

Wait.

2 comments:

betsy said...

"But David encouraged himself in the Lord his God."
(1 Samuel 30:6)

Brittany said...

love that quote...